It’s time to start thinking about your 2017 veggie intake. Sign up now for our spring/summer Farm Share Program!
By purchasing a farm share you’ll receive a weekly box of at least eight different vegetables, harvested fresh the day you receive them, as well as a newsletter with lots of recipes and info on sustainable farming. Our share sizes are well-suited for individuals or couples with a vegetable-heavy diet, or for families with more moderate veggie consumption.
The Basics: Our Summer Program runs June 6th – Sept. 26th and costs $450, and our Fall Program runs Oct 3th – Dec 5th and costs $275. We accept payments in one or two installments for each season. We also now accept SNAP/EBT benefits, and can offer discounts for these customers. Please contact us if you need to arrange a different payment plan or for details about using SNAP.
Share add-ons: This summer season we’re offering two optional share add-ons.
- Leaf Lovers: For $5/week ($85/season) you can receive 2 additional greens, one salad green and one braising green.
- Flower Lovers: For $75, you can receive a fresh organic flower bouquet from July 4-Sept 12. We’ll be growing a wide diversity of cut flowers, including zinnias, sunflowers, dahlias, sweet peas, snapdragons, lupines and much, much more.
Discounts: Receive a $15 discount for signing up for both summer and fall programs at the same time!
Farm Share Pick-ups: This spring/summer, your vegetables will be available for pick-up on Tuesdays at one of the following locations/times. After hours options will also be available for both sites.
- Freeland at Deep Harvest Farm, located at 5464 Shore Meadows Rd, from 4-5:30pm
- Bayview in the Bayview Corner parking lot from 6:00-6:30pm.
Fall pick-up times and locations are subject to change. Stay tuned for updates.
Sign up: You can reserve your spot for either season or both by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which season(s) you want, any add-ons and your preferred pick-up location. Once we confirm your membership, payments can then be made to: Deep Harvest Farm, PO Box 515, Freeland WA, 98249.
Each week our summer members receive an average of 8 vegetables, including a diversity of items from the following categories:
- Salad Greens – Lettuce, arugula, spinach and salad mix
- Roots – Carrots, Beets, Radishes, Potatoes, Salad Turnips
- Legumes – Peas (snap, snow and shelling), Green Beans
- Summer crops – Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Eggplants, Zucchini
- Braising Greens – Kale, Chard, Mustards, Bok Choi, Collards
- Alliums – Onions, Scallions, Garlic, Leeks
- Brassicas – Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kohlrabi, Cabbage, Napa Cabbage
- Other – Fennel, Basil, Parsley, Cilantro, Dill, and other herbs
In the fall we strive to offer one or more items from each of the following categories:
- Winter Squash – Acorn, Delicata, Kabocha, Pie Pumpkins, Buttercups and more
- Alliums – Onions, Shallots, Leeks and Cipollinis
- Roots – Potatoes, Carrots, Beets, Celeriac, Turnips, Winter Radish, Rutabagas and Parsnips
- Salad Greens – Arugula, Spinach, Radicchio, Frisee, Salad Mix, Mache
- Braising Greens – Kale, Chard, Mustards, Collards, Escarole
- Brassicas – Brussels, Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kohlrabi
- Herbs – Cilantro, Parsley, Sage, Oregano, etc
Our Farm Share program fills up quickly every year, so please sign up early if you wish to participate!
We look forward to growing for you and your family this year.
Sincerely, Annie and Nathaniel